Saturday, December 1, 2007

Preparing for THE DAY...

Shopping for our Wedding Ring
Started scouting around since early 2007 & also waiting for Thy Great Singapore Sale! Ha... However, the only LOVE that we found does not participate in Sales! #@$%



The making of my ROM gown
Did quite abit of shopping around for off-the-rack gown for our ROM but just couldn’t find anything simple yet elegant. “ROM Dresses” are either short dresses or in Pink / Baby Blue etc! Yucks!

In the end, I found 1 designer studio @ Tanjong Pagar who can tailor make for me the design that I wanted… close maybe. 
http://www.emanuelbcouture.com


The Making of Our Invitation Card...
After weeks of waiting excitedly for our "ES" brass steel to arrive from Canada, I managed to master the skill of stamping real wax! Got our seal from www.waxseals.com & in their website they teach you how to do your seal the right way

I found this font "Fraktur" from the fonts library & fell in love with it! Simply ancient & classic... 
First of all, I bought the A4 sized paper "Icy White" from paper supplier at Tuas. Got a big roll of green satin ribbon from Arab St.. 

Printed all our invitation cards at Linda's office with the help of her designer staff who laid my concept onto Indesign software.  The font I'd selected here is Zapfino, love the extended 'F"!
Used a pen knife to score & fold all the cards myself at home, before I laid all my "equipment" on my desk... ice-pack, candle, lotsa of tissue, toothpick, oil. I didn't take any pictures of the process because it was such a big mess!! Haha... Good thing I did all those while Eythan was asleep.
Our invitation card turned out to be soooo special & meaningful. Every detail was DIY-ed at home, from the selection of special artcard/ribbon to printing to score-folding to wax sealing. 

Every guest gets to break the wax seal to read our card and many of them can't bear to do so!. Haha... Happy to know most of them appreciated my effort. Many of them thought I bought them

The Making of Our Paper Fan...
Quite a last minute item as everyone seemed to think that this is unnecessary. I went ahead nevertheless. Ha! Bought some ice-cream sticks & glue from Art House. Did a few samples but effect were horrible! The glue made the papers wavy & out of shape. Ended up I simply tried with double-sided tapes & it works!



Our Thank-You note on paper fans
On the other side of our Thank-You text, I printed 6 different love poems from Shakespeare. 







The Making of Candle Holders...
Bought some aromatic candle-in-a-cup from Ikea for our 3 cocktail tables & I simple printed on A4 papers. Then I rolled and taped them around each candle cup.  Easy...

Had to do this cos worried about the breeze up on the hill. 

Effect was not bad! See... Cheap & good!











The Making of Crystal Hanging Ornament...
Lydia brought me to this bead shop at Pearl Centre & they have like millions of beads in their small shop! I felt like I was on a candle shop, so many colours so many variety! They charge based on weight. Lydia & I each took a pail & started "shopping" for beads of our theme colours Green, Yellow & Clear. 

I insisted in getting one special RED love to be hung at the middle. Haha... Well, the Bride has the final say!

And yes, I made them all too! It took me many nights to complete all of them. 


And if you realised, Eythan didn't take part in any of these craft works!  >:(

No comments:

Post a Comment