Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Poi workshop by Bornfire 16-17Aug08

Been wanting to do Poi (fire juggling) for years! Finally, got an opportunity to try it out for the 1st time as we have guest performers here for the Bornfire Festival 2008. Never know that Eythan can be so sweet to accompany me there for the 2 days x 90mins workshop (with his Straits Times papers).

Had fun learning what we can do with such simple gear. Probably in few years time, I will be ready to dance with real fire!! Hee... 
www.bornfire.com.sg
One of the biggest challenge is to spin both poi in opposite directions! Backward spin/swing, forward spin/swing etc... Many times, I thought I got it, until the ball hit my head again... Sigh!

My photographer took this shot of us learning the steps, from above the Fort Gate.


Our instructor, Thomas Johansson from www.nevisoul.com.
 My own D-I-Y poi kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment