Friday, May 30, 2008

Important Sunday! Betrothal 下娉/过大礼/纳彩

That morning, it seemed a little weird to intentionally display the customary practice to exchange the dowry items. However, we had as much fun as we could. My dad & Eythan's mom complete everything in a split second & I missed the act! Ended up got everyone to re-enact for me to snap in my camera. My family all shake head cos there is a blogger at home. :p

While Eythan went hand- delivered some relatives cards with his mom after that, me & my family went around this island to distribute our cards & the Teochew biscuits. With such big family, good thing we split the job as my dad went to my paternal side with my aunt and I went to my maternal side with my mom & sis. Ended at the final stop in the late afternoon.


These traditional teochew biscuits from Gin Thye Pastry are really tasty!

Upon arrival with all the important items - Handing over the dowry angbao - Returning gifts


Got an angbao from Mdm Lim Sai Kim. Hee... She's my grandmother and she's 90+! Apparently, she kept the angbao for a long while already but it took me now to marry. Haha!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, sorry to have abruptly left a comment here but i saw your wedding pastries and was actually searching high and low for it.. hence i do hope tat perhaps i can get the address if possible for the teochew pastries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly,
    We bought ours at the Bt Batok branch. Remember you can loan their wedding basket FOC. Fyi, we paid $18 per box. Feedback from relatives - GOOD!

    Gin Thye Cake Maker
    423 Sembawang Road, S758392
    Tel: 6257 1566
    Mon-Sat: 8 am - 8 pm
    Sun & PH: 8 am - 1 pm

    Blk 152 Bukit Batok Street 11, #01-264 S650152
    Tel: 6899 6929
    Mon-Sat: 8 am - 10 pm

    ReplyDelete